Being un- or under-employed is a time of great anxiety and stress. Saint Cajetan is the patron saint of the unemployed, and our Saint Cajetan Ministry Network is a support ministry dedicated to men and women facing the uncertainty and doubt that comes with unemployment. How do we do this? By providing a face to face source for spiritual and practical support--a place to unwind, listen to people's job issues and experiences, and build confidence through prayer and guidance.
There are two main components of this ministry:
- Spiritual Support for men and women in their job search via prayers, inspirational stories, and songs to encourage success; and
- Education regarding the job search process.
A typical meeting begins with a prayer and an inspirational story or reflection that speaks to our spirits, and will include short DVDs or music designed to remind you that you are not alone in this search process. Each person then shares their past weeks of their job searches with the group.
We spend the rest of the meeting helping you with a particular aspect of your job search. Topics may include:
- Transferable skills; Developing a Marketing Plan
- Developing a cover letter that grabs an interviewer's attention;
- Effective networking and the use of social networking tools like LinkedIn;
- Job search strategies
- Resume preparation and critiquing;
- Interviewing skills and techniques;
- Starting your own business; and
- Personal finance/budgeting.
The meetings often include a featured speaker with practical advice on these areas of concern. There are also networking opportunities at each meeting. If you are aware of any job opportunities or would like to be a mentor, speaker, or be part of the team, you can contact one of the moderators below or email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org
We meet every two weeks:
- on Thursday evenings from 7:00-9:00 p.m. in the St. Catharine Ministry Center (First floor meeting room). The address is: 905 S. Maple Avenue, Glen Rock, NJ.
- on Saturdays at 10:00 a.m-12 noon at St Anne's Church Faith Center (lower level of the Rectory). The address is 15-05 St Anne Street, Fair Lawn, NJ.
2017 meeting schedule:
St Catharine- 3/9, 3/23, 4/6, 4/20, 5/11, 5/25, 6/8, 6/22, 7/6, 7/20, 8/3, 8/17, 8/31, 9/14, 9/28, 10/12, 11/9, 12/7, 12/21
St Anne- 3/11, 3/25, 4/8, 4/22, 5/13, 6/10, 6/24, 7/8, 7/22, 8/5, 8/19, 9/16, 9/30, 10/14, 10/28, 11/11, 12/9-Cornerstone room, 12/23