In the spirit of Pope Francis’ desire to “meet people where they are”, the goal of the Communications Committee is to provide information and news about the parish to fit the needs and lifestyles of our diverse parish members and the community.
The committee aims to meet these goals through the following:
- Development and implemention of a new parish website; initial launch planned for January 2017 with continued improvements and new functionality to follow.
- Utilization of the full capability of Faith Direct and Constant Contact for mass communications. online registrations and payments for events, special collections and parish registration fees
- Tracking statistics to understand what is working and what is not
- Reaching out beyond the walls of the parish to reach guests and potential new parishioners and the community at large.
- Creating back-up plans to provide consistent, seamless communication using all methods.
- Ensuring the parish website and other communication channels are visually engaging with current and vibrant photographs.
Most work is done remotely, with virtual progress checks via email and Google document updates. Occasional meetings take place when absolutely necessary, but are very infrequent. Anyone with good communication, writing, technical or photography skills are welcome!