The St. Catharine Video Outreach Ministry provides online access to selected Sunday Masses and other parish events for those who are unable to attend in person. This service is particularly helpful to our elderly and homebound parishioners who may have difficulty making it Mass but who want to remain connected to the Church.
Thanks to a generous donor, the parish has state-of the-art camera and audio/video equipment that captures high quality recording of services and events in the Church and in Community Hall. These images are uploaded to the Livestream web service for live broadcasting and as well as archived for later viewing. Click on the logo to the right to view currently taped events.
The Livestream Production volunteer will be responsible to set-up and operate the audio/video equipment before and during Mass on Saturday evening or Sunday. This includes setting up the laptop computer, creating the event on Livestream, setting up the Video Console, operating the cameras during Mass, and archiving the completed event on the Livestream site. Interns will be asked to sign-up in advance for at least one Mass per month. Service hours can be awarded.
Click here for the current schedule
. Training will be provided, but some basic requirements are in place:
1. Familiarity with laptop computers and the Windows 10 OS.
2. Interest in video streaming and web-based applications (e.g. LiveStream, UStream)
3. Interest in learning how to operate PTZ cameras and video console controls.
4. Willingness to show up 15-20 minutes before Mass to set up and test the equipment.
5. Willingness to intently monitor the cameras/video activity and make needed adjustments.