Volunteers are central to the implementation of all our parish programs. To be a volunteer the following is mandated by the Archdiocese of Newark for those working with children and young people up to 18 years of age. Detailed information on this process is provided by clicking here.
1. A volunteer application form supplied by the parish.
2. Attendance at a safety program call “Protecting God’s Children”.
3. A criminal background check.
Qualifications for our parish volunteers in Religious Education
1. Complete all Archdiocesan regulations.
2. Attendance at September meetings to prepare for classes.
3. A willingness to strive for teacher certification either with an online course or at a convenient location.
4. Be an active participant in Sunday Liturgy.
St. Catharine is looking for the following types of volunteers:
1. CCD Teacher at all grade levels for traditional and Sunday family program.
4. Calligraphy – certificates for First Communion and Confirmation
5. Office help during traditional CCD classes
6. Babysitter during traditional CCD classes
7. Adult aide in traditional CCD classes
8. Leader for small groups at our penance workshops